Explaining The Heli Skiing Package Vertical Gurantee
The amount of vertical achieved in a week depends on conditions and the group's desired experience. The guarantees of 40,000, 50,000 and 80,000 feet are based on historical averages and used for creating a base price for your trip.
On average our groups will achieve 80,000 feet in a typical week accessing our steep technical slopes. Many riders that prefer more open powder skiing, on slopes of higher relative security may easily ski more than 100,000 in a week. An average ski day from the helicopter will produce 20,000 vertical feet. If we consider that we may expect 4 out of 6 days in an average week of flying we arrive at 80,000 feet for a base price for the 6-day 7-night package. This same thought process applies to the 3 and 4 day packages and their relative guarantees. This formula has proven to give our guests a very realistic expectation of the total amount they will spend on their stay with us. Seldom do extra vertical charges or credits exceed $500 in value as observed over our more than 15 years of experience with our pricing system.
While researching your heliskiing package options around the World remember that:
- Only Valdez Heli-Camps can offer this combination of incredible terrain and daily access by helicopters or snowcats.
- Our Snowcats are at your disposal and require no additional commitment or cost to you to have this alternative for skiing or riding on days when other heliski operators are "stopped in their tracks."
- The fastest reaction time to improving flying weather takes you to the helicopters at the first available opportunity right from your snowcat in just minutes.
- No ferry costs or premiums if we must travel further from our base to the best snow and terrain while you are with us.
- Vertical guarantees mean you pay for the skiing your group achieves not what you fly,
- Find this nowhere but with Valdez Heli-Camps in Alaska!